Sunday, October 28, 2012

Nice – Eze, October 17, 2012


Nice – Eze, October 17, 2012

Eze, France is a tiny village perched on a peak along the Mediterranean Sea just east of Nice.  Eze is now a tourist destination because of its quaintness and beauty as well as the stunning views of the sea.  The weather in Nice and Eze was partly cloudy in the morning, but overcast with misty rain in the afternoon.  Fortunately, the visit to Eze was in the morning.  The tour began as a visit to a perfume factory in the larger town of Eze, which I did not attend; the odor was overwhelming, and I would have had a headache very shortly.  Instead, I went for a walk, found an information office, and enjoyed the time walking.  After some time, I went inside the perfume factory, found the tour guide, and informed her that I was going ahead up the peak to Eze.  She said that she would lead the group up and meet me at the garden, which required a ticket.  I spent my time walking up the peak and taking photos of one picturesque site after another.  When the tour guide arrived, I entered the garden with the rest of the group.  The garden is located at the very top of the peak; it is a garden of cacti and other succulent plants, and it is very pretty.  However, the most important quality of the garden is that it offers stunning views of the surrounding area and the coastline.  I took lots of photos, and also I took lots of photos of other people using their cameras.  I continued taking photos along the way back down the peak.  Both going to Eze from Nice, and on the way back from Eze, the tour stopped at scenic overlooks to permit passengers to take photos.  The tour was a morning tour, and we were back at the ship by 12:30.  Because of the rain, I decided not to go for a walk in Nice in the afternoon.


No comments: