Friday, October 07, 2011

Yosemite National Park

 Half Dome at Sunset
Yosemite National Park
(The "Ahwahnee Chief" in Half Dome watching over Yosemite.)

Yosemite is truly awe inspiring.  I had never been to Yosemite before, and I loved being there.  I realize that   for more than 100 years, millions of people have been going to Yosemite and taking wonderful photos there; however, I am very grateful that I too was able to go there and take my photos.  I am just sorry that I was not able to stay longer than two days on this trip. 

While there, I stayed at the historic Ahwahnee Hotel, a rustic old hotel.  In any location outside a National Park, this hotel would be rated as a one-star (or lower)  hotel; it is in great need of renovation.  However, the location and convenience were great. 

One drawback of Yosemite was the exorbitant prices at the hotels and restaurants; they were the most overpriced places I have ever visited.  The prices were completely ridiculous. 

While I was there, I took a photo class at the Ansel Adams gallery, and I enjoyed hearing the story of Ansel Adams at Yosemite, as well as going for a photo walk for the morning.

No comments: