Monday, November 26, 2012

Le Havre – November 4, 2012


Le Havre – November 4, 2012

When I woke up and looked outside, I was very pleased that I had not made plans to go out.  It was raining and very windy, and I was pleased to stay inside.  I had been to this area before, including Le Havre, Normandy, and Honfleur.  I had wanted to go back to Honfleur and walk around; however, the weather made that impossible.  Even if I had wanted to go out, I would not take my camera out in the rain.  I decided to enjoy the day on the ship, using it as a “day at sea”, a day of rest.  After breakfast, I returned to my cabin to take a nap.  At lunch, I went for pizza at the pizza shop on Deck 5, and it was very pleasant. 

At dinner, the captain announced that the storm would last through the night and into the following day, and he was correct.  The night was very stormy and the ship rocked and jerked all through the night.  Fortunately, I did not get seasick, as many people on the ship did. 

No comments: