Saturday, October 19, 2013

Thursday, 10/17/13 Day at Sea

Thursday, 10/17/13 Day at Sea

This morning, I went to the port lecture for Darwin, and learned that Darwin has a hop-on/hop-off bus, so I will turn in my ticket for the crocodile jumping tour and instead take the HO/HO bus around town.  The port lecturer said that one stop on the bus route is the Saturday market, and I will be sure to stop there for photos.

Today I also got a haircut.  That is a scary thing to do on a cruise ship because one’s hair can come out looking strange.  However, this time, I emphasized how important it was to me that the stylist cut only a small amount and I will have it cut again before the end of the cruise.  I think she did a good job, and it looks pretty much as it did before, but just a little shorter.  I’m hoping for the best.

Today I attended a seminar about online social networking sites, such as Facebook and Twitter.  The seminar was too elementary for me, although I stayed until the end.

Today I edited many of my photos of the Great Barrier Reef, and some of them are okay.  I was concerned about the quality of the photos through the heavy glass windows of the semi-submersible boat; however, some of them seem to be acceptable, and they do remind me of being there.

In the evening, attended the production show, “Country Jam”, a show about country music and dancing.  After the show, the crew led line dancing.  It was all amusing.



No comments: