Friday, November 01, 2013

Sunday, 10/20/13 Day at Sea

Sunday, 10/20/13 Day at Sea

Attended the port lecture on Broome, which was really good, and then the lecture about Kimberly, the large section of Australia in the Northwest, which was also very interesting.  The remainder of the day, I edited photos of the Great Barrier Reef.

The dining room at dinner was extremely noisy, and I mentioned to tablemates that I was not sure that I would be able to continue to having dinner in such a noisy dining room.  The ship is very different from other Princess ships; it is extremely noisy, and the density of passengers on the ship is much greater than on other Princess ships.  The ship has far more inside cabins than other Princess ships, and the hallways are so cluttered that it is sometimes difficult to walk down them.  In addition, I am learning that Australians are much noisier than Americans, and in many instances, obnoxiously so.  The impression I am getting of Australians is not good -- loud, noisy, obnoxious, inconsiderate, and in many instances, outright bullys.  How odd to think of Americans as nicer and more considerate than someone else, but the difference is quite noticeable.  I have had to ask to be reseated for breakfast because of noisy, obnoxious passengers, and I had to leave afternoon tea because of loud, obnoxious passengers -- both are firsts for me on any ship.  The behavior is not limited to the dining room, but is very evident everywhere -- for example, anywhere there is a line, people try to jump ahead.   More and more, I am feeling peace only in my room.




No comments: